15ml Wild Cedarwood
Country of Origin: India, Wild Crafted from the Himalayas
Botanical Name: Cedrus deodara
Plant Part: Wood
Note: Earthy, Woodsy
Man Found Standing, Medicine Man Practitioner writes: For greater details, see the picture printout from my book. Historically Cedarwood has been used to assist in:
- Sedative: has a great soothing and calming effect on the mind and in releasing chronic anxiety, tension and stress
- Anti-Inflammatory: lessens the inflammation of arthritic joints and tissues
- Antispasmodic: assists to relieve respiratory and muscle spasms
- Antifungal: beneficial in protecting the body against fungal infections
- Stimulant: known to stimulate metabolism and brain function
- Expectorant: assists to alleviate cough, cold and congestion irritations as well as congestion related headaches
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Historic Benefits: Cedarwood is considered to be among the first essential oils ever to be distilled. It was used by the Egyptians in the mummification process and as a skin care product because of its rejuvenating nature.
Blends Well With: Cypress, Frankincense, Neroli, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Precautions: Some reports of causing skin irritation in sensitive individuals.