15ml Peppermint, First Distilled
Country of Origin: USA, First Distilled Ethically Cultivated
Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Plant Part: Leaf and Plant
Note: Minty with Herby Undertones
Man Found Standing, Medicine Man Practitioner writes: Peppermint is normally distilled at a high temperature and pressure to extract the most oil from the plant. This type of extraction will create a nice sharp candy cane like fragrance but lower overall therapeutic value. True therapeutic Peppermint has a herby smell to it because it is distilled at low temperature and pressure so the other beneficial healing properties are not burned off. For greater details, see the picture printout from my book. Historically Peppermint has been used to assist in:
- Respiratory System: colds, coughs, fevers, throat infections, asthma, bronchitis, decongestant, expectorant
- Pain: muscle, joint, inflammation, spasms, increases the circulation to the area applied
- Nervous System: mental alertness, fatigue, headaches, vertigo, stress, uplifting
- Digestive: colic, gas, nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn, food poisoning
- Skin: acne, dermatitis, itchy skin, sunburns, scabies
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Historic Benefits: Used in flavoring, digestive aid, and pest repellent.
Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Citrus, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Ginger, Ravintsara, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Thyme, Wintergreen
Precautions: Can be a hotter oil on sensitive individuals or children. Dilute when necessary.